Friday, January 22, 2010

Giresse: Nigerians Are Impatient

Former French great Alain Giresse has slammed calls for the removal of Nigeria Head Coach, Shaibu Amodu by highly –placed Nigerians, saying the calls are ill –motivated.

“I used to be interested in the Nigeria job, I think six years ago or so. But not any longer. I don’t know what is going on. How can someone qualify his country for the World Cup and then, because he lost a match, everyone is saying they should sack him.

“Please allow the guy to do his work. Nobody is perfect, but if someone can qualify his country for the World Cup, then he deserves some respect. I even heard that it is the second time he has qualified Nigeria for the World Cup. That is huge.

“Sincerely, I don’t want a job like that; I prefer the peace. But let me say that Nigerians should leave the Coach alone. Let him do his work and he can get good results for your country”.

No comments: