Thursday, March 26, 2009

Uche eyes goals

Striker Ike Uche has set his sights on continuing from where he left off in the last round of qualifiers by targeting more goals in the race to South Africa 2010.Uche led the Super Eagles in scoring last time out, and says he would be happy to do so again. "I thank God I was able to score goals last time, and I hope I can do the same again. But it is not about whether I score or not, it is about whether the team wins, and if the team can win and I don’t score, that is better." The Getafe forward insists that the Super Eagles are focused on getting all three points from Maputo on Sunday. "We did not travel all this way for nothing. We understand how important it is for us to get a good result and that is what we want to do so that we cn start well and take off the pressure."

No comments: